Under The Influence
Illegal Possession or Consumption of Alcohol by a Minor (18-13-122)
Under the Influence is a 9 lesson internet based course that can be completed in 3 – 4 hours. The course combines personalized feedback, professional narration, interactive exercises, and proven intervention techniques to engage the student in a powerful learning experience. During the course each student will complete a confidential self assessment.
Topics covered in the course include:
- Tolerance & Withdrawal Effects of Alcohol
- How alcohol is processed by the body
- Confidential Self Assessment
- Health Issues
- Consequences of Drinking
- Drinking and Driving
- The Law
- Dealing with Alcohol
This course may be taken upon approval from your local court or agency to satisfy education requirements in regards to Minor in Possession, Public Intoxication, and other liquor law violations. Go to http://www.3rdmilclassrooms.com and select ‘Find Your Court’ to begin the enrollment process.
Underage Drinking Concerns
- The human brain is still developing throughout the teen years. Research on teens with alcohol disorders shows that heavy drinking in the teen years can cause long-lasting harm to thinking abilities. Teens don’t just drink. They drink to excess.
- For each year that the start of drinking is delayed, the risk of later alcohol dependence is reduced by 14 percent.
- In 2009, the United States saw 91,973 alcohol related poisonings. Of that number, 54,237 individuals, or approximately 59%, were under the age of 20. Of those reported poisonings 169 resulted in deaths. (2009 Annual Report of the American Association of Poison Control Centers’ National Poison Data System.)